There’s almost nothing more inspiring than a person who's comfortable in their own skin, but there’s a story behind that confidence. Comparing yourself to others is a roadblock on the path there, but it's one you can overcome. Read these comparison quotes to help you rise above the doubt that only serves to keep your magic from showing.
“Being a successful person is not necessarily defined by what you have achieved, but by what you have overcome.” — Fannie Flagg
To me, living the dream means doing what you do with so much love that your thoughts, words, and actions are in harmony. This is hard to do if you’re caught up in someone else’s dream.
Find your favorite quote to inspire you to get back to what matters most to YOU.
20 Comparison Quotes to Honor the Light That You Keep
1. “Remember that there is nothing noble in being superior to some other man. The true nobility is in being superior to your previous self.” — W. L. Sheldon, “What to Believe: An Ethical Creed”
2. “Don’t compare your beginning to someone else’s middle.” — Jon Acuff (wording of this quote may vary)
3. “It’s almost impossible to be satisfied in your own life if you’re constantly looking at what someone else has.” — Rachael Cruze
4. We won’t be distracted by comparison if we are captivated with purpose.” — Bob Goff
5. “The curious paradox is that when I accept myself just as I am, then I can change.” — Carl R. Rogers
6. “The reason we struggle with insecurity is because we compare our behind-the-scenes with everyone else’s highlight reel.” — Steve Furtick
7. “Personality begins where comparison leaves off. Be unique. Be memorable. Be confident. Be proud.” — Shannon L. Alder
8. “Comparison is an act of violence against the self.” - Iyanla Vanzant
9. “Comparison is the thief of joy, the pillager of profits and the pickpocket of prosperity.” — Marie Forleo
10. “The earlier you learn that you should focus on what you have, and not obsess about what you don’t have, the happier you will be.” — Amy Poehler
11. “You alone are enough. You have nothing to prove to anybody.” — Maya Angelou
12. “Comparison is a slippery slope to jealousy.” - Danielle LaPorte
13. “Don’t compare your life to others. There’s no comparison between the sun and the moon. They shine when it’s their time.” — Unknown
14. “Owning our story and loving ourselves through that process is the bravest thing that we’ll ever do.” — Brené Brown
15. “Listen and take note: You see your life is just as real As those who document each moment Of what they see and hear and feel. In fact it’s hardly ever mentioned But the real and honest truth, Is that you tend to live much more When you don’t worry about proof.” — Erin Hanson, thepoeticunderground.com
16. “Comparison will cause you to feel prideful or depressed, but never fulfilled.” — Lisa Bevere
17. “Comparison is creative kryptonite. Stay in your own game.” – Marie Forleo
18. “Don’t compare yourself with anyone in this world… if you do so, you are insulting yourself.” — Bill Gates
19. “Comparison makes finding contentment a million times harder.” — Unknown
20. “The qualities that you admire in others, as well as the qualities that make you envious, are unexpressed parts of yourself seeking expression.” — Mastin Kipp
. . .
Which of these quotes is your favorite?
Tell me in the comments. I read every single one, and I’d love to know!
P.S. Never forget how valuable you are, how far you’ve come, how much potential you have. Go visit my shop to find the perfect poetry print that celebrates you in your fullness, in your mess and magic and everything in between.