What if you stopped trying to calm the storm, and focused on calming yourself first? The storm will pass anyway. Read these stress quotes to help you find and *bring* meaning into whatever you’re going through, so you can make something beautiful out of it. You're that creative, that powerful.
You might be in the storm, but the storm doesn't have to be in you.
21 Stress Quotes to Help You Grow Through What You're Going Through
1. “Try not to resist the changes that come your way. Instead let life live through you. And do not worry that your life is turning upside down. How do you know that the side you are used to is better than the one to come?” – Elif Shafak, Forty Rules of Love: A Novel of Rumi
2. “Nothing is permanent in this wicked world – not even our troubles.” – Charlie Chaplin
3. “Times of stress are also times that are signals for growth, and if we use adversity properly, we can grow through adversity.” – Rabbi Dr. Abraham Twerski
4. “The greatest weapon against stress is our ability to choose one thought over another.” – William James
5. “Things falling apart is a kind of testing and also a kind of healing.” – Pema Chödrön
6. “Our anxiety does not come from thinking about the future, but from wanting to control it.” – Kahlil Gibran
7. “Peace is the result of retraining your mind to process life as it is, rather than as you think it should be.” – Dr. Wayne W. Dyer
8. “When we long for life without difficulties, remind us that oaks grow strong in contrary winds and diamonds are made under pressure.” – Peter Marshall
9. “Every day brings a choice, to practice stress or to practice peace.” – Joan Borysenko
10. “Don’t believe every worried thought you have. Worried thoughts are notoriously inaccurate.” – Renee Jain
11. “Stress is an alarm clock that lets you know you’re attached to something that’s not true for you.” – Byron Katie
12. “When you release stress, you come home to yourself.” – Donna Eden
13. “Nothing ever goes away until it teaches us what we need to know.” – Pema Chödrön
14. “We can easily manage if we will only take, each day, the burden appointed to it. But the load will be too heavy for us if we carry yesterday’s burden over again today, and then add the burden of the morrow before we are required to bear it.” – John Newton (attributed)
15. “Stress is caused by being ‘here’ but wanting to be ‘there.’” – Eckhart Tolle
16. “These mountains that you are carrying, you were only supposed to climb.” – Najwa Zebian
17. “For fast-acting relief, try slowing down. “ – Lily Tomlin
18. “One of the best pieces of advice I ever got was from a horse master. He told me to go slow to go fast. I think that applies to everything in life. We live as though there aren’t enough hours in the day but if we do each thing calmly and carefully we will get it done quicker and with much less stress.” – Viggo Mortensen
19. “Don’t underestimate the value of doing nothing, of just going along, listening to all the things you can’t hear, and not bothering.” – Winnie the Pooh
20. “Sometimes when things fall apart, well, that’s the big opportunity to change.” – Pema Chödrön
21. “In times of stress the best thing we can do for each other is to listen with our ears and our hearts and to be assured that our questions are just as important as our answers.” – Fred Rogers
. . .
Which of these quotes is your favorite?
Tell me in the comments. I read every single one, and I'd love to know!
P.S. Need to stop taking stress to bed with you? Get my book Sleep Rituals for 100 at-home practices that are all about you + the present moment. You’ll have meditations and so many other tools you can use anytime. To feel better. Lighter. Free to live without anxiety.