As you enter a new season of expansion, it’s OK to be uncomfortable. New beginnings can be messy. Read these quotes to remember that all seasons of life, even the ones you like the least, represent new life. Hope can carry you through every phase, every season of your soul… that’s what hope does.
You hurt and you heal, you build and release, and it’s all part of the same process: it’s life.
Each season is a signal that you’re not stuck. And even though you’ll lose some things, you’re strong enough to keep going long after you think you can’t.
In the most unlikely of places, you make real connections. Grace finds you. You’ll see worthwhile things growing in the dirt of imperfection.
So. If you want to know where this season is going, or why the last one had to end, or when the next one is coming… read these quotes. Let them ground you in the truth that every single shifting season brings with it new life. Another chance. An experience you’re here for.
20 Quotes to Help You Embrace (and Not Stifle) All the Seasons of Life
1. “Every season is one of becoming, but not always one of blooming. Be gracious with your ever-evolving self.” — B. Oakman
2. “Be aware of what season you are in and give yourself the grace to be there.” — Kristen Dalton
3. “Unease, anxiety, tension, stress, worry—all forms of fear—are caused by too much future, and not enough presence. Guilt, regret, resentment, grievances, sadness, bitterness, and all forms of non-forgiveness are caused by too much past, and not enough presence.” — Eckhart Tolle
4. “There is purpose in your season of waiting.” — Megan Smalley
5. “To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.” — Ecclesiastes
6. “The blessedness of waiting is lost on those who cannot wait, and the fulfillment of promise is never theirs. They want quick answers to the deepest questions of life and miss the value of those times of anxious waiting, seeking with patient uncertainties until the answers come. They lose the moment when the answers are revealed in dazzling clarity.” — Dietrich Bonhoeffer
7. “Those who are certain of the outcome can afford to wait, and wait without anxiety.” — A Course in Miracles
8. “All the trees are losing their leaves, and not one of them is worried.” — Donald Miller
9. "When you think you've surrendered, surrender some more." - Gabby Bernstein
10. “When the winds of change blow, remember… sometimes what appears dead is simply preparing for a new season.” — Jane Lee Logan
11. “The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.” — Alan W. Watts
12. “I don’t know what lies around the bend, but I’m going to believe that the best does.” — Anne of Green Gables
13. “Joy is not a season, it’s a way of living.” — Kalley Heiligenthal
14. “Gratitude for the turning of the seasons. May we attune our hearts to their enduring message of renewal.” — Kristin Granger
15. “If you stay stuck in the past season or fixated on the future season, you will miss the one you’re in.” — Maree Dee
16. “You’ll never get anywhere if you go about what-iffing like that.” — Roald Dahl
17. “There are years that ask questions, and years that answer.” — Zora Neale Huston
18. “Trust the wait. Embrace the uncertainty. Enjoy the beauty of becoming. When nothing is certain, anything is possible.” — Mandy Hale
19. “The moment in between what you once were, and who you are now becoming, is where the dance of life really takes place.” — Barbara De Angelis
20. “Embrace the current season of your life.” — Gabrielle Blair
Which of these quotes gave you hope for this season?
Tell me in the comments. I read every single one, and I’d love to know!
P.S. Wake up with hope in your heart. (It’s possible.) Get my book Morning Affirmations: 200 Phrases for an Intentional and Openhearted Start to Your Day. Life will be better, starting right here in this season.