Your greatest power lies in how you experience your experiences, but it's hard to change that. If you're ready to feel something different, read these quotes about stress. They'll remind you how powerful you are, how much potential you have, and what you can do from here.
20 Quotes about Stress and Giving Yourself a Break
1. “If you decide to focus on one thing at a time, instead of trying to solve everything at once, and just do that one thing, then you will feel a sudden decrease in stress.” – Gudjon Bergmann
2. “It’s a good idea always to do something relaxing prior to making an important decision in your life.” – Paulo Coelho
3. “Even as fire finds peace in its resting place without fuel, when thoughts become silence the soul finds peace in its own source. When the mind is silent, then it can enter into a world which is far beyond the mind. This is wisdom, and this is liberation” – The Upanishads
4. "Take rest; a field that has rested gives a bountiful crop." – Ovid
5. “You will know you made the right decision; you feel the stress leaving your body, your mind, your life.” – Brigitte Nicole
6. “Every day brings a choice: to practice stress or to practice peace.” – Joan Borysenko
7. “Next time you feel any discomfort… stop in the middle of it and say to yourself, ‘This discomfort that I’m feeling is nothing more than my own awareness of resistance. It’s time for me to relax and breathe, relax and breathe, relax and breathe.’ And you can, in seconds, bring yourself back into comfort.” – Abraham-Hicks
8. “For fast-acting relief, try slowing down.” – Lily Tomlin
9. “Peace is present right here and now, in ourselves and in everything we do and see. Every breath we take, every step we take, can be filled with peace, joy, and serenity. The question is whether or not we are in touch with it. We need only to be awake, alive in the present moment.” – Thich Nhat Hanh, Peace Is Every Step
10. “Every time you are tempted to react in the same old way, ask if you want to be a prisoner of the past or a pioneer of the future.” – Deepak Chopra
11. “In order to move on you must understand why you felt how you did and why you no longer need to feel it.” – Mitch Albom
12. "Nothing in the universe can stop you from letting go and starting over." – Guy Finley
13. “When we long for life without difficulties, remind us that oaks grow strong in contrary winds and diamonds are made under pressure.” – Peter Marshall
14. “A diamond is a piece of charcoal that handled stress exceptionally well.” – Unknown
15. “You can’t connect the dots looking forward; you can only connect them looking backwards. So you have to trust that the dots will somehow connect in your future. You have to trust in something – your gut, destiny, life, karma, whatever. This approach has never let me down, and it has made all the difference in my life.” – Steve Jobs
16. “Success is buried on the other side of frustration.” – Tony Robbins
“17. Have no fear, you will find your way. It’s in your bones. It’s in your soul.” – Mark Z. Danielewski
18. "Anxiety is one little tree in your forest. Step back and look at the whole forest." – Unknown
19. “If you obsess over whether you are making the right decision, you are basically assuming that the universe will reward you for one thing and punish you for another. The universe has no fixed agenda. Once you make any decision, it works around that decision. There is no right or wrong, only a series of possibilities that shift with each thought, feeling, and action that you experience.” – Deepak Chopra
20. “Trust the wait. Embrace the uncertainty. Enjoy the beauty of becoming. When nothing is certain, anything is possible.” – Mandy Hale
. . .
Which of these quotes is your favorite?
Tell me in the comments. I read every single one, and I'd love to know!
P.S. Need to stop taking stress to bed with you? Get my book Sleep Rituals for 100 at-home practices that are all about you + the present moment. You’ll have meditations and so many other tools you can use anytime. To feel better, lighter, resilient, supported. You deserve that.