Not sure how you're going to make it through this? Read these quotes about hope and feel better about what's in store for you. When you can wait without anxiety, you might find just how much purpose, how much potential, you have here.
30 Quotes about Hope, So We Can Wait without Anxiety and Enjoy the Ride
1. “Hope is the feeling we have that the feeling we have is not permanent.” – Mignon McLaughlin, The Neurotic’s Notebook, 1960
2. “We always kept in our hearts the most noble, beautiful feeling that sets human beings apart: hope.” – Manel Loureiro
3. “There is some good in this world, and it’s worth fighting for.” – J.R.R. Tolkien, The Two Towers
4. “Hope is being able to see that there is light despite all of the darkness.” – Desmond Tutu
5. “Hope is but the dream of those who wake.” – Matthew Prior
6. “We must accept finite disappointment, but never lose infinite hope.” – Martin Luther King, Jr.
7. “Hope is important because it can make the present moment less difficult to bear. If we believe that tomorrow will be better, we can bear a hardship today.” – Thich Nhat Hanh
8. “Three grand essentials to happiness in this life are something to do, something to love, and something to hope for.” – Joseph Addison
9. “When hope is hungry, everything feeds it.” – Mignon McLaughlin, The Neurotic’s Notebook, 1960
10. “Hope is the only bee that makes honey without flowers.” – Robert Green Ingersoll
11. “Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn’t be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn’t know that so it goes on flying anyway.” – Mary Kay Ash
12. “Hope is faith holding out its hand in the dark.” – George Iles
13. “My great hope is to laugh as much as I cry; to get my work done and try to love somebody and have the courage to accept the love in return.” – Maya Angelou
14. “Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning.” – Albert Einstein
15. “Hope is the physician of each misery.” – Irish Proverb
16. “Hope smiles from the threshold of the year to come, whispering, ‘It will be happier.'” – Alfred Lord Tennyson
17. “You cannot swim for new horizons until you have courage to lose sight of the shore.” – William Faulkner
18. “It’s amazing how a little tomorrow can make up for a whole lot of yesterday.” – John Guare, Landscape of the Body
19. “The wings of hope carry us, soaring high above the driving winds of life.” – Ana Jacob
20. “Hope rises like a phoenix from the ashes of shattered dreams.” – S.A. Sachs
21. "Once you choose hope, anything’s possible." – Christopher Reeve
23. “Hope is independent of the apparatus of logic.” – Norman Cousins
24. “Hope is like a road in the country; there was never a road, but when many people walk on it, the road comes into existence.” – Lin Yutang
25. “The birds of hope are everywhere, listen to them sing.” – Terri Guillemets
26. “Hope and fear cannot occupy the same space. Invite one to stay.” – Maya Angelou
27. “Hope never abandons you, you abandon it.” – George Weinberg
28. “Many of life’s failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up.” – Thomas Edison, From Telegraph to Light Bulb with Thomas Edison
29. “You can’t see potential with the naked eye; you need to see it with your heart. That is hope.” – Jennifer Williamson
30. “Hope begins in the dark, the stubborn hope that if you just show up and try to do the right thing, the dawn will come.” – Anne Lamott
. . .
Which part of these quotes is your favorite?
Tell me in the comments. I read every single one, and I’d love to know!
P.S. Tell yourself the things you need to hear. Get my book Morning Affirmations for hope and possibility first thing in the morning. Get my book Sleep Affirmations to fall asleep knowing you're exactly who you need to be, here and now, flaws and all.