Helping others is one way to honor yourself. Loving yourself and loving each other is kind of the same thing. That’s because we’re connected on a deep level.
Read these quotes about helping others and remember: even when you think your kindness goes unnoticed, it’s essential. It casts a ripple out into the world.
25 Quotes about Helping Others to Inspire Your Next Act of Love
1. “Life’s most persistent and urgent question is, ‘What are you doing for others?’” – Martin Luther King, Jr.
2. “Great opportunities to help others seldom come, but small ones surround us every day.” – Sally Koch
3. “We can’t help everyone, but everyone can help someone.” – Ronald Reagan
4. “What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal.” – Albert Pine
5. “Don’t wait for other people to be loving, giving, compassionate, grateful, forgiving, generous, or friendly… lead the way!” – Steve Maraboli
6. “If you meet someone who has no smile, give them one of yours.” – Dan Zadra
7. “Service which is rendered without joy helps neither the servant nor the served. But all other pleasures and possessions pale into nothingness before service which is rendered in a spirit of joy.” – Mahatma Gandhi
8. “Kind words can be short and easy to speak, but their echoes are truly endless.” – Mother Teresa
9. “Being of service to others is what brings true happiness.” – Marie Osmond
10. “The purpose of both temporal and spiritual self-reliance is to get ourselves on higher ground so that we can lift others in need.” – Robert D. H
11. “Let us always meet each other with smile, for the smile is the beginning of love.” – Mother Teresa
12. “If you want to lift yourself up, lift up someone else.” – Booker T. Washington
13. “Never look down on anybody unless you are helping him up.” – Jesse James
14. “A person’s most useful asset is not the head full of knowledge, but a heart full of love, an ear ready to listen and a hand willing to help.” – Unknown
15. “No one is useless in this world who lightens the burdens of another.” – Charles Dickens
16. “A man’s true wealth is the good he does in this world.” – Muhammad
17. “Wealth is not to feed our egos, but to feed the hungry and to help people help themselves.” – Andrew Carnegie
18. “A kind gesture can reach a wound that only compassion can heal.” – Steve Maraboli
19. “No person was ever honored for what he received. Honor has been the reward for what he gave.” – Calvin Coolidge
20. “A kind heart is a fountain of gladness, making everything in its vicinity freshen into smiles.” – Washington Irving
21. “I believe the world is one big family, and we need to help each other.” – Jet Li
22. “No one has ever become poor by giving.” – Anne Frank
23. “Nobody makes a greater mistake than he who does nothing because he he could do only a little.” – Edmond Burke
24. “We rise by lifting others.” – Robert Ingersoll
25. “Helping others in need is not only a responsibility of life; it is what gives meaning to life.” – Mollie Marti
. . .
Which of these quotes is your favorite?
Tell me in the comments. I read every single one, and I’d love to know!
P.S. Wake up with joy and purpose beating in your heart. Get my book Morning Affirmations: 200 Phrases for an Intentional and Openhearted Start to Your Day. Your heart will be full. You’ll have the energy to help… others and yourself.