From this moment forward, you decide. You get to decide what you move toward and away from, how you show up and respond.
And you’re allowed to think new thoughts and build new strength. This is your life, after all.
Read these New Year quotes to inspire positive change one breath at a time.
If you need more support this year, get my book Morning Affirmations. Start your day with hope in your heart, no matter what happens. This year will be better.
30 New Year Quotes for New Strength & Forward Movement
1. “And now we welcome the new year, full of things that have never been.” – Rainer Maria Rilke
2. “We must always change, renew, rejuvenate ourselves; otherwise, we harden.” — Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
3. “Some people swear there’s no beauty left in the world, no magic. Then how do you explain the entire world coming together on one night to celebrate the hope of a new year?” — Claire Morgan
4. “Write it on your heart that every day is the best day in the year.” — Ralph Waldo Emerson
5. “You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream.” — C.S. Lewis
6. “Human potential, though not always apparent, is there waiting to be discovered and invited forth.” — William Purkey
7. “For last year’s words belong to last year’s language and next year’s words await another voice.” — T.S. Elliot
8. “Always find time for the things that make you feel happy to be alive.” — Unknown
9. “And suddenly you just know: it’s time to start something new and trust the magic of beginnings.” — Meister Eckhart
10. “New Year’s Day is every man’s birthday.” — Charles Lamb
11. “The secret of change is to focus all of your energy, not on fighting the old, but on building the new.” — Dan Millman, Way of the Peaceful Warrior
12. “I love that this morning’s sunrise does not define itself by last night’s sunset.” – Steve Maraboli
13. “You must learn a new way to think before you can master a new way to be.” — Marianne Williamson
14. “I hope that in this year to come, you make mistakes. Because if you are making mistakes, then you are making new things, trying new things, learning, living, pushing yourself, changing yourself, changing your world. You’re doing things you’ve never done before, and more importantly, you’re doing something.” — Neil Gaiman
15. “Every accomplishment starts with the decision to try.” — Unknown
16. “Dwell in possibility.” — Emily Dickinson
17. “Very little is needed to make a happy life; it is all within yourself, in your way of thinking.” — Jodi Picoult
18. “Cheers to a new year and another chance for us to get it right.” — Oprah Winfrey
19. “Approach the New Year with resolve to find the opportunities hidden in each new day.” — Michael Josephson
20. “There are far, far better things ahead than any we leave behind.” — C.S. Lewis
21. “Once a year, go someplace you’ve never been before.” — Dalai Lama
22. “Although no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending” — Carl Brad
23. “A dream written down with a date becomes a goal. A goal broken down into steps becomes a plan. A plan backed by action makes your dreams come true.” — Greg S. Reid
22. “The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step.” — Lao Tzu
25. “There comes a day when you realize turning the page is the best feeling in the world, because you realize there is so much more to the book than the page you were stuck on.” — Zayn Malik
26. “In order to lead a fascinating life, one brimming with art, music, intrigue, and romance, you must surround yourself with precisely those things.” — Kate Spade
27. “An optimist stays up until midnight to see the New Year in. A pessimist stays up to make sure the old year leaves. — Bill Vaughn
28. “It's the possibility, of having a dream come true, that makes life interesting.” — Paul Coelho
29. “What a wonderful thought it is that some of the best days of our lives haven’t happened yet.” — Unknown
30. “What the New Year brings to you will depend a great deal on what you bring to the New Year.” — Vern McLellan
. . .
Which of these quotes is your favorite?
Tell me in the comments. I read every single one, and I’d love to know!
P.S. Start each day with hope for the future. Get my book Morning Affirmations: 200 Phrases for an Intentional and Openhearted Start to Your Day. It’s time to feel how you want to feel. It’s your LIFE.