You know what gives me hope for the future? The kind and generous strangers who pay it forward with no worry whatsoever that you won’t do the same. And the success stories that started at rock bottom. The doubts I’ve turned into the courage to try and share and show up anyway. Read these quotes for the new year to keep that kind of hope alive in your heart. That hope is real.
Our hearts need hope. They crave the energy of possibility. We need to open our hearts wider, letting the seeds of our intentions spread far and wide, so we can discover what lies beyond what’s right in front of us, further than we can see.
Humanity builds futures and better realities with hope.
Hope is not naive: she is the elder who has been around since the beginning. Hope has been giving us the strength to continue and reasons to keep loving for a long, long time.
With the new year coming into sight (how is it almost 2019 already, anyone?) it feels a little easier to dream. Another chance is always inherent in the morning, but the dawning of a new year? It feels like a mightier chance at freedom, joy, fulfillment, passion, and anything else we hope for.
Open your heart up a little bit more to the magic in every day and to whatever needs healing. Let it grow, grow, grow. That’s where you’ll plant your seed of hope. That’s where you’ll turn to, every single morning, to tend the garden: fertilizing the soil where your dreams can grow.
A brighter future is real. It needs your open heart, and it needs your hope.
May these quotes inspire you to return to your most wanted feelings, to revisit your desire to conspire with your current reality to create something new. You were born to create, after all. So keep braving, keep dreaming, keep following what feels right.
Hope for the Future: 11 Quotes for Open Hearts & Real Change
1. “We have a whole new year ahead of us and wouldn’t it be wonderful if we could all be a little more gentle with each other, and a little more loving, have a little more empathy, and maybe — next year at this time — we’d like each other a little more.” — Judy Garland
2. “When you start to feel like things should have been better this year, remember the mountains and valleys that got you here. They are not accidents and those moments weren’t in vain. You are not the same. You have grown and you are growing. You are breathing, you are living. You are wrapped in endless boundless grace. And things will get better. There is more to you than yesterday.” — Morgan Harper Nichols
3. “The universe knows the perfect timing for all those things you want… and will find, through the crack of least resistance, the best way to deliver it to you.” — Abraham-Hicks
4. “Dream big. Start small. Then connect the dots.” — Dan Millman
5. “May your intentions be bold and your heart be naked.” — Jennifer Williamson
6. May my life’s work be like a wind that stirs up love in every heart and breathes life into every hope that it brushes past.” — Cristen Rodgers
7. “The power for creating a better future is contained in the present moment: You create a good future by creating a good present.” — Eckhart Tolle
6. “… she is clinging to the hope that never lets her go. For it is there she finds her strength for all of her unknowns.” — Morgan Harper Nichols
9. “Hope is the only bee that makes honey without flowers.” — Robert Green Ingersoll
10. “Be like the lotus: trust in the light, grow through the dirt, and believe in new beginnings.” — Jennifer Williamson
11. “Always remember that the future comes one day at a time.” — Dean Acheson
. . .
What’s your #1 intention for this new year? What hope are you holding close to your heart and not letting go of, no matter what?
Tell me in the comments. I read every single one, and I'd love to know!
If you don’t already know how powerful you are, this is your year to discover.
Only ever love,
P.S. Want to celebrate the season with poetry you can hold? Go visit my shop for prints of handwritten poems and other words of hope and heart. Your walls will love it.