If you're willing to love yourself but you're not sure how to get there, read these self-love quotes. They'll encourage you to let your compassion go full circle. Because love that's held back anywhere isn't really love at all. And you're not here for anything less than love.
23 Self-Love Quotes to Inspire Compassionate Thoughts
1. “Love yourself first and everything else falls in line. You really have to love yourself to get anything done in this world.” – Lucille Ball
2. “Real beauty isn’t about symmetry or weight or makeup; it’s about looking life right in the face and seeing all its magnificence reflected in your own.” – Valerie Monroe
3. “Unlike self-criticism, which asks if you’re good enough, self-compassion asks what’s good for you?” – Kristin Neff
4. “Within my body are all the sacred places of the world, and the most profound pilgrimage I can ever make is within my own body.” – Saraha
5. “You alone are enough. You have nothing to prove to anybody.” – Maya Angelou
6. “When you recover or discover something that nourishes your soul and brings joy, care enough about yourself to make room for it in your life.” – Jean Shinoda Bolen
7. “Too many people overvalue what they are not and undervalue what they are.” – Malcolm S. Forbes
8. “Never say anything about yourself that you do not want to come true.” – Brian Tracy
9. “Perhaps we should love ourselves so fiercely, that when others see us they know exactly how it should be done.” – Rudy Francisco
10. "No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." – Eleanor Roosevelt
11. “Because one believes in oneself, one doesn’t try to convince others. Because one is content with oneself, one doesn’t need others’ approval. Because one accepts oneself, the whole world accepts him or her.” – Lao-Tzu
12. “A strong, positive self-image is the best possible preparation for success in life.” – Dr. Joyce Brothers
13. “Owning our story and loving ourselves through that process is the bravest thing that we’ll ever do.” – Brené Brown
14. "No one is you, and that is your power." – Dave Grohl
15. “You have been criticizing yourself for years, and it hasn’t worked. Try approving of yourself and see what happens.” – Louise L. Hay
16. “In a society that profits from your self doubt, liking yourself is a rebellious act.” – Caroline Caldwell
17. “The one thing you can control is how you treat yourself. And that one thing can change everything.” – Leeana Tankersley
18. “By being yourself, you put something beautiful into the world that was not there before.” – Edwin Elliot
19. “Forgiveness is an act of self-love.” – Don Miguel Ruiz
20. “Authenticity is the daily practice of letting go of who we think we’re supposed to be and embracing who we are.” – Brené Brown
21. “Be nice to yourself. It’s hard to be happy when someone is mean to you all the time.” – Christine Arylo
22. “People say that beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and I say the most liberating thing about beauty is realizing you are the beholder.” – Salma Hayek
23. “Be kinder to yourself. And then let your kindness flood the world.” – Pema Chödron
. . .
Which of these quotes is your favorite?
Tell me in the comments. I read every single one, and I’d love to know!
P.S. Never forget how valuable you are. Click here to get this favorite poem as a handwritten print. The one that reminds you: you’re enough as you are, nothing more and nothing less.