19 Gratitude Journal Prompts for More of What You DO Want
Think of these gratitude journal prompts like a treasure hunt. You're finding things other people miss. Use them to see what’s already working in your life so you can make more of *that* your reality. Be the one who notices the beauty, and then points it out to others. We need more of that.
A suggestion: don't just skim over what you’re grateful for in a list. The process won’t be as powerful and you won’t feel the shift. Follow up every “I am grateful” with a “because…”
Stay for the shift. Stay for the miracle. Dig for the treasure until you feel rich.
Your answers don’t need to be profound, just sincere: no blessing is too small.
19 Gratitude Journal Prompts with My Answers as Samples to Inspire You
1. What’s one thing someone helped you with this week?
2. What element of nature did you enjoy this week?
3. What’s something beautiful you had the chance to witness lately?
4. What IS working in your life?
5. What habit (or habits) are you grateful for keeping up with?
“Small seeds of gratitude will produce a harvest of hope.” — Unknown
6. Think of one person who has enriched your life this year in some way. What are 3 positive contributions they’ve made to your life?
7. What are 5 positive memories from this past year?
8. What’s different today compared to one year ago that you’re grateful for?
9. What positive changes are you grateful for having made in your life?
10. What struggle are you thankful for having made it through (even if you’re not thankful for the struggle itself)?
11. What’s one kind gesture you enjoyed being a part of (either as the giver, the receiver, or the witness)?
12. What invention are you truly grateful for having access to?
13. What are you thankful for not having?
“Acknowledging the good that you already have in your life is the foundation for all abundance.” — Eckhart Tolle
14. Imagine losing all of your five senses. Now, imagine regaining them, one at a time. Your sense of touch, taste, smell, hearing, and sight all come back one by one. Imagine how it feels to have each of these senses back after not having them.
15. What are 3 good decisions you’ve made this year?
16. Think of a grateful moment you shared with someone this month.
“Show the world you are grateful and life opens another realm to you.” - Brendon Burchard
17. Who would you like to say “thank you” to? What would you thank them for?
18. What is something you love doing for/giving to others?
19. “Today, I can show my gratitude by…”
. . .
Which of these prompts did you need the most today?
Tell me in the comments. I read every single one, and I’d love to know!
P.S. Want to thank someone, with something they can hold? Go visit my shop for prints of handwritten poems and other words of hope and heart. From the bottom of their heart, they’ll love it.
Leave a comment