20 Spiritual-Poetic Quotes about Stars, the Moon, and You
You can find magic in the most unlikely places because you’re made of the same stuff that makes the stars in the sky. You’re a walking miracle. Read these quotes about stars and the moon to feel your connection to, well, everything. Everything above you, below you, and within you.
20 Quotes about Stars, the Moon, and Who You Are
1. “We live in a blue planet that circles around a ball of fire next to a moon that moves the sea, and you don’t believe in miracles?” — Unknown
2. “Our Sun is a second- or third-generation star. All of the rocky and metallic material we stand on, the iron in our blood, the calcium in our teeth, the carbon in our genes were produced billions of years ago in the interior of a red giant star. We are made of star-stuff.” — Carl Sagan, The Cosmic Connection
3. “You were just like the moon, / So lonely, so full of imperfections, / But just like the moon you shine in times of darkness.” — Sarah Boswell
4. “Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and the stars mirrored in your being.” — Rumi
5. “The surface of the Earth is the shore of the cosmic ocean. On this shore we’ve learned most of what we know. Recently, we’ve waded a little way out, maybe ankle-deep, and the water seems inviting. Some part of our being knows this is where we came from. We long to return, and we can because the cosmos is also within us. We’re made of star stuff. We are a way for the cosmos to know itself.” — Carl Sagan, Cosmos: A Personal Voyage
6. “I am a child of the Moon being raised by the Sun in a world walked by stars and a sky drawn with flowers.” — Zara Ventris
7. “We have calcium in our bones, iron in our veins, carbon in our souls, and nitrogen in our brains. 93 percent stardust, with sounds made of flames, we are all just stars that have people names.” — Nikita Gill
8. “If you’re craving a reminder of your connection to everything, look at your reflection in the night sky. You are home.” — Jennifer Williamson
9. “Though my soul may set in darkness, it will rise in perfect light; I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night.” — Sarah Williams, The Old Astronomer
10. “Our bodies contain three grams of iron, three grams of bright, silver-white magnesium, and smaller amounts of manganese and copper. Proportionate to size, they are among the weightiest atoms in our bodies, and they come from the same source, a long-ago star. There are pieces of star within us all.” — Vincent Cronin, The View from Planet Earth
11. “She stared at the stars like they were pillows for her mind and in their light she could rest her heavy head.” — Christopher Poindexter
12. “I will love the light for it shows me the way, yet I will endure the darkness because it shows me the stars.” – Og Mandino
13. “The moon doesn’t consider one phase better than another; she just glows, equally stunning at each turn. Why should we be any different?” — Cristen Rodgers
14. “If you are the moon, it’s not the sun that reminds you of the light: it’s the darkness that makes you shine.” — Jennifer Williamson
15. “She was beautifully / Out of place. / Sometimes I believe / She intended to be. / Like the moon during the day.” — D.R.
16. “We are all of us wanderers, Chasing moonbeams, Our hearts full of wonder, Our souls drowsy with dreams.” — Ramblings of the Claury, Drowsy Dreams
17. “Tell me the story about how the sun loved the moon so much he died every night to let her breathe.” — Unknown
18. “She and the moon could always be found playing in the darkness.” — a.j. lawless
19. “And if you are to love, love as the moon loves. It doesn’t steal the night, it only unveils the beauty of the dark.” — Unknown (Isra Al-Thibeh or Jasleen Kalra)
20. “She held the moon the way she held her own heart, as if it was the only light that could guide her through the darkest nights.” — Chrissie Pinney
. . .
Which of these quotes is your favorite?
Tell me in the comments. I read every single one, and I’d love to know!
P.S. Feel your connection to everything and get my book Sleep Rituals: 100 Practices for a Deep and Peaceful Sleep. You won’t just sleep better: you’ll feel like a miracle.
Comments on this post (9)
Melissa, I can’t thank you enough for sharing this, for my own personal reasons… it is beautiful and I find comfort in it, too.
— Jennifer Williamson
I had a dream of the baby I lost somehow being able to tell me that he’d always be here, he’d always be my little moon beam.
It’s been stuck in my head the last few days and now I keep seeing all these symbols and signs for the moon. It may seem odd, but I find comfort in it now.
These are amazing and such inspiration for me! Thank you!
I see that Bonnie was searching for the image and I found it on the website that you mentioned. I wanted to leave it in case she is still looking for it or anyone else :)
— Kristie Embree
My 5 year old granddaughter who’s spirit is way older than 5. Very calmly told me, “Nanny, the moon needs you to be here! When it gets dark at at night you need to go out a look at the moon and tell it thank you for needing me here and that you love it.” No clue where any of this came from . I was just looking for some help on this.
— Keri Dobbs
I think this is beautifull, thank you for this.
Bonnie, I am deeply sorry for the loss of your husband. I forget where this image came from exactly, but if you go to Unsplash.com and search for “night sky” or “galaxy” so many beautiful photos come up and they’re free for personal use. x
— Jennifer Williamson
I recently lost my husband and would like to buy a downloadable version of this image, as it reminds me of our time together. Is this possible?
Wow, I just love this so much Kim! Thank you for sharing. Seems like this quote is perfect for Jain, a moon child for sure :)
— Jennifer Williamson
“I am a child of the Moon being raised by the Sun in a world walked by stars and a sky drawn with flowers.” — Zara Ventris
Our oldest granddaughter, Jain, was born in June. Her mama decorated her nursery with a moon and stars theme. As June is a moon month, that made perfect sense. This quote jumped out at me because Jain truly is a child of the Moon, June being a moon month. Her dad is a Leo, so she is being raised by a sun sign. Jain’s mama was born in May, and I saw lily of the valley (our daughter’s birth month flower) as the sky drawn with flowers. Jain has been enamored of the galaxy all her life and is president of her high school astronomy club! She will be off to college in the fall, reaching for the stars and shining her light. This quote fits her perfectly.