Rumi is one of the most inspirational and widely-read mystical poets. He was a passionate seeker of the truth and placed great faith in living from the heart. Read these Rumi quotes about love to drop deeper into your heart. So you can feel free.
If you're not familiar, the 13th-century Persian poet and Sufi mystic Rumi remains one of the world’s brightest creative talents.
His message: love-based doctrine prevails over fear-based orders of the world. Love is the only antidote to fear.
As you're reading these quotes, open your heart. Root deeper into that sacred space. Shine a light on what hurts. Loosen the grip of fear, shame, and betrayal. These Rumi quotes about love will help.
25 Heartfelt and Insightful Rumi Quotes about Love
1. “Let yourself be silently drawn by the strange pull of what you really love. It will not lead you astray.” – Rumi
2. “There is a candle in your heart, ready to be kindled. There is a void in your soul, ready to be filled. You feel it, don’t you?” ― Rumi
3. “I closed my mouth and spoke to you in a hundred silent ways.” ― Rumi
4. “Reason is powerless in the expression of Love.” ― Rumi
5. “In your light I learn how to love. In your beauty, how to make poems. You dance inside my chest where no-one sees you, but sometimes I do, and that sight becomes this art.” ― Rumi
6. “Everyone has been made for some particular work, and the desire for that work has been put in every heart.” – Rumi
7. “Wherever you are, and whatever you do, be in love.” ― Rumi
8. “Close your eyes, fall in love, stay there.” – Rumi
9. “Why are you knocking at every other door? Go, knock at the door of your own heart.” ― Rumi
10. “I looked in temples, churches, and mosques. But I found the Divine within my heart.” ― Rumi
11. “Love rests on no foundation. It is an endless ocean, with no beginning or end.” ― Rumi
12. “Goodbyes are only for those who love with their eyes. Because for those who love with heart and soul there is no such thing as separation.” ― Rumi quotes
13. “Lovers don’t finally meet somewhere. They’re in each other all along.” ― Rumi
14. “We are born of love; Love is our mother.” – Rumi
15. “You have within you more love than you could ever understand.” – Rumi
16. “Would you become a pilgrim on the road of love? The first condition is that you make yourself humble as dust and ashes.” ― Rumi
17. “Be certain in the religion of Love there are no believers or unbelievers. Love embraces all.” – Rumi
18. “You are the soul of the soul of the Universe, and your name is Love.” ― Rumi
19. “The only lasting beauty is the beauty of the heart.” – Rumi
20. “Only from the heart can you touch the sky.” ― Rumi quotes
21. “A pen went scribbling along. When it tried to write love, it broke.” – Rumi
22. “Let the beauty we love be what we do. There are hundreds of ways to kneel and kiss the ground.” ― Rumi
23. “This is a subtle truth: Whatever you love, you are.” – Rumi
24. “You have to keep breaking your heart until it opens.” ― Rumi quotes
25. “They say there is a doorway from heart to heart, but what is the use of a door when there are no walls?” ― Rumi quotes
. . .
Which of these Rumi quotes about love is your favorite?
Tell me in the comments. I read every single one, and I’d love to know!
P.S. Want to feel the love swirling all about you and within you? Get my book Sleep Affirmations with 200 phrases for a deep and peaceful sleep. It’s more than a book about sleep. It’s healing you can hold. It’s a journey into your own beautiful, beating heart.