You’ll have your goodbyes, but you’ll have a new start with everyone you meet. Read these quotes about making new friends to celebrate the people you’ve loved, and the ones you haven’t even met yet. There’s always room in the heart for one more friend.
25 Quotes about Making New Friends
1. “We must reach out our hand in friendship and dignity both to those who would befriend us and those who would be our enemy.” – Arthur Ashe
2. “A friend may be waiting behind a stranger’s face.” ― Maya Angelou, Letter to My Daughter
3. “We need old friends to help us grow old and new friends to help us stay young.” – Letty Cottin Pogrebin
4. “You can’t stay in your corner of the Forest waiting for others to come to you. You have to go to them sometimes.” ― A. Milne, Winnie-the-Pooh
5. “Some souls just understand each other upon meeting.” – N.R. Hart
6. “Friends are born, not made.” ― Henry Adams, The Education of Henry Adams
7. “Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?” ― Abraham Lincoln
8. “There is no exercise better for the heart than reaching down and lifting people up.” ― John Holmes
9. “The greatest compliment that was ever paid me was when one asked me what I thought, and attended to my answer.” ― Henry David Thoreau
8. “We need not think alike to love alike.” – Francis David
11. “Right now, someone you haven’t met is out there wondering what it would be like to meet someone like you.” – Unknown
12. “New friends are like new adventures. You never know what lessons they will teach you.” – Unknown
13. “We don’t meet people by accident. They are meant to cross our path for a reason.” – Unknown
14. “There is an energy field between humans. And, when we reach out in passion, it is met with an answering passion and changes the relationship forever.” – Rollo May
15. “Strangers are just friends waiting to happen.” – Rod Mckuen
14. “Mingle often with good people to keep your soul nourished.” – Anthony Douglas Williams
17. “Love is the only force capable of transforming an enemy into friend.” – Martin Luther King, Jr.
18. “I love meeting new people; I think everyone has a story to tell. We should all listen sometimes.” – Kim Smith
19. “Go out into the world today and love the people you meet. Let your presence light new light in the hearts of others.” – Mother Teresa
20. “Don’t be afraid of new beginnings. Don’t shy away from new people, new energy, new surroundings. Embrace new chances at happiness.” – Billy Chapata
19. “We meet the people we’re supposed to when the time is just right.” – Alyson Noel
22. “Friendship has always belonged to the core of my spiritual journey.” – Henri Nouwen
23. “Everyone you meet knows something you don’t know but need to know. Learn from them.” – C.G. Jung
24. “Each friend represents a world in us, a world possibly not born until they arrive, and it is only by this meeting that a new world is born.” – Anais Nin
25. “A relationships is more of an assignment than a choice. We can walk away from the assignment, but we cannot walk away from the lessons it presents. We stay with a relationship until a lesson is learned, or we simply learn it another way.” – Marianne Williamson
Which of these quotes is your favorite?
Tell me in the comments. I read every single one, and I’d love to know!
Surprise a friend today by sharing these quotes with them. It might make their day a whole lot brighter.
In love and friendship,
P.S. Want to celebrate a friend, old or new, with something they’ll love for years to come? Get them a copy of my book Morning Affirmations: 200 Phrases for an Intentional and Openhearted Start to Your Day. They’ll be happy to have you as a friend.