Not merely quotes about growing through the struggles—these are condensed morsels of wisdom to refer to whenever you feel lost, unsure, defeated, or just plain frustrated with how the journey is going. Even if you feel good with where you’re at, it’s humbling to remember that life is always working on something new.
12 Quotes about Growing Through the Journey
1. “Stepping onto a brand-new path is difficult, but not more difficult than remaining in a situation, which is not nurturing the whole woman.” — Maya Angelou
2. “Even when you don’t feel like it, keep going. You never know who you impact with your love.” — Carrie Usmar
3. “You do not need to know precisely what is happening, or exactly where it is all going. What you need is to recognize the possibilities and challenges offered by the present moment, and to embrace them with courage, faith, and hope.” — Thomas Merton
4. “Optimism is a strategy for making a better future. Because unless you believe that the future can be better, you are unlikely to step up and take responsibility for making it so.” — Noam Chomsky
5. “Life is about change. Sometimes it’s painful. Sometimes it’s beautiful. But most of the time, it’s both.” — Lana Lang
6. “For the seed to achieve its greatest expression, it must come completely undone. The shell cracks, its insides come out, and everything changes. To someone who doesn’t understand growth, it would look like a complete destruction.” — Cynthia Occelli
7. “In order to move on, you must understand why you felt what you did and why you no longer need to feel it.” — Mitch Albom
8. “The most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss, and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity, and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, and a deep loving concern. Beautiful people do not just happen.” — Elizabeth Kübler-Ross
9. “Hard times arouse an instinctive desire for authenticity.” — Coco Chanel
10. “Allow for the unexpected. It’s not being foolish. It’s being humble that you can’t predict all.” — Nataly Kogan
11. “Normality is a paved road: It’s comfortable to walk, but no flowers grow on it.” — Vincent van Gogh
12. “To be interested in the changing seasons is a happier state of mind than to be hopelessly in love with spring.” — George Santayana
. . .
Which of these quotes is your favorite?
Tell me in the comments. I read every single one, and I’d love to know!
Practice courage when you don’t need it; that’s the key to having it when you do need it.
P.S. Never forget how far you’ve come, how much potential you have. Go visit my shop to find the (im)perfect poetry print that celebrates you in your fullness, in your mess and magic and everything in between.