What if it's not about the things, the rewards, the achievements, but the depth of joy and aliveness you feel around them? If you're ready for your life to feel the way *you* want it to, read these intention quotes. They'll inspire you to make this year all about what matters... to you.
30 Intention Quotes That are Perfect for the New Year
1. “Quantum science suggests the existence of many possible futures for each moment of our lives. Each future lies in a state of rest until it is awakened by choices made in the present.” — Gregg Braden
2. “If you limit your choices only to what seems possible or reasonable, you disconnect yourself from what you truly want, and all that is left is a compromise.” — Robert Fritz
3. “At the center of your being you have the answer; you know who you are and you know what you want.” — Lao Tzu
4. “Clarity is the child of careful thought and mindful exploration.” — Brendon Burchard
5. “The first step in crafting a life you want is to get rid of everything you don’t.” — Joshua Becker
6. “Change is inevitable. Growth is intentional.” — Glenda Cloud
7. “It’s not enough to be industrious; so are the ants. What are you industrious about?” — Henry David Thoreau, in a letter to H.G.O. Blake
8. “Guard your time fiercely. Be generous with it, but be intentional about it.” — David duChemin
9. “I don’t have to chase extraordinary moments to find happiness—it’s right in front of me if I’m paying attention and practicing gratitude.” — Brené Brown
10. “Gratitude in advance is the most powerful creative force in the Universe.” — Neale Donald Walsh
11. “You create a good future by creating a good present.” — Eckhart Tolle
12. “No clarity, no change; no goals, no growth.” – Brendon Burchard, The Motivation Manifesto
13. “As a single footstep will not make a path on the earth, so a single thought will not make a pathway in the mind. To make a deep physical path, we walk again and again. To make a deep mental path, we must think over and over the kind of thoughts we wish to dominate our lives.” — Wilfred Arlan Peterson, The Art of Living, Day by Day
14. “When I get to the end of my life, and I ask one final ‘What have I done?’ let my answer be: ‘I have done love.’” — Jennifer Pastiloff
15. “You must get more emotionally committed to what you are doing, and reach that point where success is not just an occasional preference, but a soul-deep necessity.” — Brendon Burchard
16. “My philosophy is that not only are you responsible for your life but doing the best at this moment puts you in the best place for the next moment.” — Oprah Winfrey
17. “The most wonderful thing in the world is somebody who knows who they are… and knows what they were created to do.” — Bishop T.D. Jakes
16. “Our intention creates our reality.” - Wayne Dyer
19. “Today, will you choose courage or comfort? You cannot have both. There is nothing comfortable about being brave with your life.” — Brené Brown
20. “Buried in your heart is a powerful knowing, telling you what you’d love to dedicate your life to.” — Dr. John F. Demartini
21. “When we allow ourselves to get into the wonder and magnificence of the guidance that is around us and within us, that’s when we truly start living.” — Gabby Bernstein
22. “Until you live every moment without assuming there will be another moment, then you’re not really living on purpose.” — Bishop T.D. Jakes
23. “Freedom and victory belong to those who remain true and strong despite temptation to be dishonest and weak.” – Brendon Burchard, The Motivation Manifesto
24. “Intention is more than wishful thinking—it’s willful direction. It is a philosophy of the heart put into practice, a consistency of conscious patterns of thought, energy, and action. Through intention, we see more and create with more clarity, passion, and authenticity. Our attention then becomes a spotlight for every shred of supporting evidence that we’re on the right path.” — Jennifer Williamson
25. “Breathing deeply and releasing fear will help you get to where you want to be.” — Iynla Vanzant
26. “I learned this, at least, by my experiment; that if one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours.” — Henry David Thoreau, Walden
27. “One life on this earth is all that we get, whether it is enough or not enough, and the obvious conclusion would seem to be that at the very least we are fools if we do not live it as fully and bravely and beautifully as we can.” — Frederick Buechner
28. “The best day of your life is the one on which you decide your life is your own. No apologies or excuses. No one to lean on, rely on, or blame. The gift is yours—it is an amazing journey—and you alone are responsible for the quality of it. This is the day your life really begins.” — Bob Moawad
29. “To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all.” — Oscar Wilde, The Soul of Man Under Socialism
30. “Sometimes the fastest way to get back into the game is to expect something from yourself again.” — Brendon Burchard, High Performance Habits
. . .
Which of these quotes is your favorite?
Tell me in the comments. I read every single one, and I'd love to know!
Hold the vision. Feel the energy. Honor the struggle. Trust the process.
P.S. Celebrate this next chapter of your life with something you can hold. Go visit my shop for prints of handwritten poems and other words of hope and heart. If you forget what matters or why you started in the first place, you’ll have something to remind you.