You're more resilient than you might've ever given yourself credit for. If you need that reminder today, read these healthy living quotes. They'll inspire you to embrace your healing without forcing or rushing anything. There's more grace that way, and you'll feel better... lighter.
30 Healthy Living Quotes for Healing Your Own Way, in Your Own Time
1. “One life on this earth is all that we get, whether it is enough or not enough, and the obvious conclusion would seem to be that at the very least we are fools if we do not live it as fully and bravely and beautifully as we can.” – Frederick Buechner
2. “I know this transformation is painful, but you’re not falling apart; you’re just falling into something different, with a new capacity to be beautiful.” – William C. Hannan
3. “When you screw up, skip a workout or eat a bad meal, it doesn’t make you a bad person. It makes you human. Welcome to the club. There’s like seven billion of us.” – Jillian Michaels
4. “Wholeness is not achieved by cutting off a portion of one’s being, but by integration of the contraries.” – Carl Jung
5. “Seek to be whole, not perfect.” – Oprah Winfrey
6. “Make choices from the mindset of empowerment, not deprivation. Focus on what you have to gain, not on what might fall away. The feeling of being empowered is assurance that you have better things to gain than anything you might lose.” – Jennifer Williamson
7. “Health is a state of complete physical, mental and social well-being and not merely the absence of disease or infirmity.” – World Health Organization
8. “Close your eyes and imagine the best version of you possible. That’s who you really are. Let go of any part of you that doesn’t believe it.” – C. Assaad
9. “Nutrition isn’t just about eating, it’s about learning to live.” – Patricia Comptton
10. “Self-care is so important. When you take time to replenish your spirit, it allows you to serve others from the overflow. You cannot serve from an empty vessel.” – Eleanor Brown
11. “There is no mystery to the miracle of self healing; it is courage, commitment, and consistency that moves us from misery to inner peace.” – Yung Pueblo
12. “Choose a life of conscious simplicity (simple meals, walks outside, meditation, cooking whole foods) and you’ll find more freedom in your life.” – Amie Valpone
13. “Cravings are not about food. Cravings are about stress.” – Melissa Hartwig
14. “Wounds don’t heal the way you want them to, they heal the way they need to. It takes time for wounds to fade into scars. It takes time for the process of healing to take place. Give yourself that time. Give yourself that grace. Be gentle with your wounds. Be gentle with your heart. You deserve to heal.” – Dele Olanubi
15. “Health is much more dependent on our habits and nutrition than on medicine.” – John Lubbock
16. “Symptoms are not enemies to be destroyed, but sacred messengers who encourage us to take better care of ourselves.” – Jon Gabriel
17. “Let’s build wellness rather than treating disease.” – Bruce Daggy
18. “Exercise is a celebration of what your body can do, not a punishment for what you ate.” – Women’s Health UK
19. “The words of kindness are more healing to a drooping heart than balm or honey.” – Sarah Fielding
20. “Good nutrition creates health in all areas of our existence. All parts are interconnected.” – T. Collin Campbell
21. “The greatest healing therapy is friendship and love.” – Hubert H. Humphrey
22. "Be patient with yourself as you evolve. You're not just part of the process, after all. You are the process." – Jennifer Williamson
22. “Health isn’t about being ‘perfect’ with food or exercise or herbs. Health is about balancing those things with your desires. It’s about nourishing your spirit as well as your body.” – Golda Poretsky
24. “Health is not about the weight you lose, but about the life you gain.” – Unknown
25. “Every time you choose to go for a ‘feeling’ instead of an ‘image,’ you’re making a courageous choice.” – Danielle LaPorte
26. “Healing is the end of conflict with yourself.” – Stephanie Gailing
27. “We repeat what we don’t repair.” – Christine Langley-Obaugh
28. “Pay close attention to whatever triggers reactions from you – your triggers reveal the spot where an ancient pain is still buried.” – Luna & Sol
29. “When a deep injury is done us, we will never recover until we forgive.” – Mary Karen Read
30. “I am not looking to escape my darkness, I am learning to love myself there.” – Rune Lazuli
. . .
Which of these quotes is your favorite?
Tell me in the comments. I read every single one, and I’d love to know!
P.S. Never forget how valuable you are, how far you’ve come, how much potential you have. Go visit my shop for the (im)perfect poetry print that celebrates you in your fullness, in your mess and magic and everything in between.