Flowers are symbols of hope. They grow out of dark, cold places after such a long time. Read these flower quotes. They’ll remind you that you, too, are part of the beauty of the world. That you, too, can reach for the light, even after everything you’ve been through.
There are no little things in life.
These flower quotes will remind you how important even *you* are… simply because you’re alive, here, for this sliver of eternity.
Like a flower, enjoy the air that you breathe. Know that you can grow from the darkness and bloom from your wounds. Open up to the light like each day is a new chance.
30 Flower Quotes for Your Own Beauty & Potential
1. “There came a time when the risk to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.” – Anais Nin
2. “What sunshine is to flowers, smiles are to humanity. These are but trifles, to be sure; but scattered along life’s pathway, the good they do is inconceivable.” – Joseph Addison
3. “The flower doesn’t dream of the bee. It blossoms and the bee comes.” – Mark Nepo
4. “One person's weed is another person's wildflower.” – Susan Wittig Albert
5. “Don’t wait for someone to bring you flowers. Plant your own garden and decorate your own soul.” – Luther Burbank
6. “Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.” – Mark Twain
7. “I like it when a flower or a little tuft of grass grows through a crack in the concrete. It’s so fuckin’ heroic.” – George Carlin
8. “Every flower must grow through dirt.” – Laurie Jean Sennott
9. “Flowers are the music of the ground from earth’s lips spoken without sound.” – Edwin Curran
10. “If you love a flower, don’t pick it up. Because if you pick it up it dies and it ceases to be what you loved. So if you love a flower, let it be. Love is not about possession, love is about appreciation.” – Osho
11. “Weeds are flowers too, once you get to know them.” – A.A. Milne
12. “The flower that follows the sun does so even on cloudy days.” – Robert Leighton
13. “Earth laughs in flowers.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
14. “Little things seem nothing, but they give peace, like those meadow flowers which individually seem odorless but all together perfume the air.” – Georges Bernanos
15. “All the flowers of all the tomorrows are in the seeds of today.” – Indian Proverb
16. “Where flowers bloom, so does hope.” – Lady Bird Johnson
17. “Flowers don’t worry about how they’re going to bloom. They just open up and turn toward the light and that makes them beautiful.” – Jim Carrey
18. “Flowers always make people better, happier, and more helpful; they are sunshine, food, and medicine to the soul.” – Luther Burbank
19. “We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.” – Abraham Lincoln
19. “Deep in their roots all flowers keep the light.” – Theodore Roethke
21. “The flowers of late winter and early spring occupy places in our hearts well out of proportion to their size.” – Gertrude S. Wister
22. “Every flower must push through the dirt in order to get to bathe in sunlight.” – J. Salmela
23. “A flower does not think of competing with the next flower, it just blooms.” – Unknown
24. “Deep in your wounds are seeds, waiting to grow beautiful flowers.” – Niti Majethia
25. “A flower’s appeal is in its contradictions — so delicate in form yet strong in fragrance, so small in size yet big in beauty, so short in life yet long on effect.” – Terri Guillemets
26. “A flower blossoms for its own joy.” – Oscar Wilde
27. “Like wildflowers; you must allow yourself to grow in all the places people thought you never would.” – E.V.
28. “Happiness held is the seed; happiness shared is the flower.” – John Harrigan
29. “A very common flower adds generosity to beauty. It gives joy to the poor, to the rude, and to the multitudes who could have no flowers were nature to charge a price for her blossoms.” – Henry Ward Beecher
30. “Stretching his hand up to reach the stars, too often man forgets the flowers at his feet.” – Jeremy Bentham
. . .
Which of these flower quotes is your favorite?
Tell me in the comments. I’d love to know!
P.S. Want your own quote print, that reminds you to love every day like it's your last? Go here and find your favorite handwritten poetry, word art, or affirmation print.