13 Heartwarming Christmas Quotes & Poems to Make Your Spirits Bright
When I think of the spirit of Christmas, I think of something far greater than a set of beliefs. I think of what brings people together in a “conspiracy of love.” Read these Christmas quotes and poems to remember what really matters. Like friendship and food, and everything that feels like home.
13 Christmas Quotes & Poems to Hearten Your Holidays
1. “I heard the bells on Christmas Day
Their old, familiar carols play,
And wild and sweet the words repeat
Of peace on earth, good-will to men!”
— Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
2. “Christmas is a togethery sort of holiday,” said Pooh. “That’s my favorite kind,” said Piglet. — A.A. Milne
3. “May you have the gladness of Christmas which is hope;
The spirit of Christmas which is peace;
The heart of Christmas which is love.”
— Ada V. Hendricks
4. “I have often thought… it happens very well that Christmas should fall out in the Middle of Winter.” — Joseph Addison, The Spectator
5. “Christmas is the spirit of giving without a thought of getting. It is happiness because we see joy in people. It is forgetting self and finding time for others. It is discarding the meaningless and stressing the true values.” — Thomas S. Monson
6. “Christmas is a season for kindling the fire for hospitality in the hall, the genial flame of charity in the heart.” – Washington Irving
7. “Blessed is the season which engages the whole world in a conspiracy of love.” — Hamilton Wright Mabie
8. “Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmas time.” — Laura Ingalls Wilder
9. “Christmas, my child, is love in action. Every time we love, every time we give, it’s Christmas.” — Dale Evans
10. “Christmas waves a magic wand over this world, and behold, everything is softer and more beautiful.” — Norman Vincent Peale
11. “At Christmas I no more desire a rose
Than wish a snow in May’s new-fangled mirth;
But like of each thing that in season grows.”
— William Shakespeare
12. “At Christmas, all roads lead home.” — Marjorie Holmes
13. “My idea of Christmas, whether old-fashioned or modern, is very simple: loving others. Come to think of it, why do we have to wait for Christmas to do that?” — Bob Hope
. . .
Which of these quotes is your favorite?
Tell me in the comments. I read every single one, and I'd love to know!
P.S. Celebrate this season with something you can hold. Go visit my shop for prints of handwritten poems & other words of hope and heart. If you forget what matters, you’ll have something to remind you. And you'll have an amazing thing to gift someone else, too. :)
Leave a comment