This is what courage means: doing the things that scare you because you know it’s through those things that you’re going to shift the world. You can't strengthen your courage muscles without having something that scares you, in some way, standing before you. Here are some notes to remind you that you were born to reach out and touch the world with your truth.
When you need an extra dose of encouragement to do the things that really matter, remember this.
Dear Heart: This Is What Courage Means
1. Courage is breathing through what’s going to help you grow.
It takes courage to face frustration with a deep breath and a mind willing to change.
2. Courage is opening your mind, heart, and hands to what you know you need to do.
Courage is not knowing what comes next and stepping forward, hands unclenched, right into it.
3. Courage is putting hope into action.
“… she is clinging to the hope that never lets her go. For it is there she finds her strength for all of her unknowns.” — Morgan Harper Nichols
4. Courage is choosing to be vulnerable because you have something important to share.
Sharing is daring to discover oneself, openly.
5. Courage is trusting in your strength even when you don’t feel strong.
Strength has little to do with how strong you feel and far more to do with how you show up anyway.
. . .
Which of these thoughts did you need to read today?
Tell me in the comments. I read every single one, and I'd love to know!
Trust yourself: trust in the wisdom that created you.
P.S. Need more light? Get the companion poetry print! Every time you see it, you'll remember what courage means. And you'll remember just how resilient you can be.