Every day is a gift, not a guarantee, no matter the holiday you celebrate or the rituals you believe in. Celebrate the miracle of being alive today, of having the chance to love and be loved, with these happy holiday quotes.
And if you know you'll need more support this holiday season, get my book Morning Affirmations to start each day with hope in your heart.
Want to say I love you with something handmade? Go visit my shop for handwritten poems and other products made with love.
22 Holiday Quotes to Lift Your Spirits
1. “I just feel – specifically about that holiday – why is it just one day that you have to tell the person that you love how much you love them? I think that is a little silly. I am much more the girl that likes the spontaneous.” – Michelle Trachtenberg
2. “He who has not Christmas in his heart will never find it under a tree.” – Roy L. Smith
3. “Sharing the holiday with other people, and feeling that you’re giving of yourself, gets you past all the commercialism.” – Caroline Kennedy
4. “Small cheer and great welcome makes a merry feast.” – William Shakespeare
5. “The holiest of holidays are those kept by ourselves in silence and apart; The secret anniversaries of the heart.” – Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
6. “Maybe Christmas doesn’t come from a store. Maybe Christmas, perhaps, means a little bit more.” – The Grinch
7. “Joy is what happens to us when we allow ourselves to recognize how good things really are.” – Marianne Williamson
8. “Love the giver more than the gift.” – Brigham Young
9. “The joy of brightening other lives, bearing each others’ burdens, easing others’ loads and supplanting empty hearts and lives with generous gifts becomes for us the magic of the holidays.” – W. C. Jones
10. “It is the apathetic person that sees the cause while the charitable person sees the need.” – Shannon L. Alder
11. “May your walls know joy, may every room hold laughter, and every window open to great possibility.” – Mary Anne Radmacher
12. “Christmas isn't a season. It's a feeling.” – Edna Ferber
13. “The holiday season is a time for storytelling, and whether you are hearing the story of a candelabra staying lit for more than a week, or a baby born in a barn without proper medical supervision, these stories often feature miracles.” – Lemony Snicket
14. “Blessed is the season which engages the whole world in a conspiracy of love.” – Hamilton Wright Mabie
15. “It is tenderness for the past, courage for the present, hope for the future. It is a fervent wish that every cup may overflow with blessings rich and eternal, and that every path may lead to peace.” – Agnes M. Pharo
16. “Christmas is not as much about opening our presents as opening our hearts.” – Janice Maeditere
17. “My idea of Christmas, whether old-fashioned or modern, is very simple: loving others. Come to think of it, why do we have to wait for Christmas to do that?” – Bob Hope
18. “Christmas gift suggestions: To your enemy, forgiveness. To an opponent, tolerance. To a friend, your heart. To a customer, service. To all, charity. To every child, a good example. To yourself, respect.” – Oren Arnold
19. “If I were a medical man, I should prescribe a holiday to any patient who considered his work important.” – Bertrand Russell
20. “Thankfulness creates gratitude which generates contentment that causes peace.” – Todd Stocker
21. “Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmas-time.” – Laura Ingalls Wilder
22. “The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart.” – Helen Keller
. . .
Which of these happy holiday quotes is your favorite?
Tell me in the comments. I read every single one, and I’d love to know!
P.S. Send a little light someone’s way and gift them a copy of my book, Morning Affirmations: 200 Phrases for an Intentional and Openhearted Start to Your Day. It’ll help them wake up grateful for another day, and for you.