Don’t push away your greatest desires by labeling them a "fantasy” or "impossibility.” Hope (the belief in a brighter future) is real when your desire to create a brighter future rises above mere preference, and becomes a "must."
Desire has a lot to do with hope. It’s an energy, a driver of hope and driven by hope, an invisible force that wants to make itself visible in the world — and your desire needs you to become tangible. And you need it to feel most alive.
If the news upsets you, or you're suffering in your own life, know that there’s transformation available to you. Suffering is an ally; it’s one thing that causes a strong yearning to not suffer, to desire something better.
Having this relationship with suffering is a deep practice. It's often uncomfortable, but in the discomfort, if you stay, you'll find something greater than comfort: you'll find desire linking you to a brighter future.
Deep desire is an opening to a higher self who believes in a new way of living.
You have to remove the chains around your heart and let your desire walk through the gates.
Instead of fighting for what you want, try this:
- Talk about what you want to see more of.
- Surround yourself with people who dream of creating a brighter future for themselves and others.
- Be available to inspiration in all moments. Leave space in your schedule to be spontaneous, to have fun, to play, to laugh. Let there be wiggle room around your plans, results, destination, metrics. Hold a little less tightly to the outcome.
- Feel your desire with less yearning and more allowing. Be motivated by the desire to explore, not by the desire to compete, and by the desire to contribute, not by the desire for the approval of others.
- Nurture the feeling of already being and having what you need before you have the money, the job, the relationship, the house, the thing, or the life you dream of. Pretend you’re already enough and whole. You won’t have to pretend for too long.
Read these desire quotes to feed your need to make the world better, like only you can.
18 Desire Quotes to Inspire You to Contribute & Create & Change
1. “I arise in the morning torn between a desire to improve (or save) the world and a desire to enjoy (or savor) the world.” — E.B. White
2. “I want to be around people that do things. I don’t want to be around people anymore that judge or talk about what people do. I want to be around people who dream and support and do things.” — Amy Poehler
3. “The desire to reach the stars is ambitious. The desire to reach hearts is wise and most possible.” — Dr. Maya Angelou
4. “The desire to create is one of the deepest yearnings of the human soul.” — Dieter Uchtdorf
5. “Never mind what-is. Imagine it the way you want it to be so that your vibration is a match to your desire. When your vibration is a match to your desire, all things in your experience will gravitate to meet that match every time.” — Abraham-Hicks
6. “Every moment of your life is infinitely creative, and the universe is endlessly bountiful. Just put forth a clear enough request, and everything your heart desires must come to you.” — Mahatma Gandhi
7. “A desire is a call between you and that which is greater than you.” — Dr. Anne Davin
8. “Life is always listening to hear what you want but you have to believe you deserve to have it or I don’t think life can deliver it to you — at least not with ease.” — Danielle LaPorte
9. “Ask for what you want and be prepared to get it.” — Maya Angelou
10. “You call with your longing, and the universe responds. You must relearn how to listen and receive.” — Anne Davin
11. “There is a powerful driving force inside every human being that, once unleashed, can make any vision, dream, or desire a reality.” — Tony Robbins
12. “Never let go of that fiery sadness called #desire.” — Patti Smith
13. “If you desire to make a difference in the world, you must be different from the world.” — Elaine Dalton
14. “Passion is a laser beam. If you can get a handle on that energy, you can use it to light the way forward and burn through obstacles. That’s the power of desire.” — Danielle LaPorte
15. “Necessity is the emotional drive that makes great performance a must instead of a preference. Unlike weaker desires that make you want to do something, necessity demands that you take action.” — Brendon Burchard
16. “Without a sense of urgency, desire loses its value.” — Jim Rohn
17. “The only difference between a casual interest and a deep desire is the latter inspires a willingness to endure struggle.” — Jennifer Williamson
18. “If you’re on your creative edge, you will continuously want more. True desire is full and insatiable. She is appreciative and ceaseless. She is present and she sees possibility everywhere. This is the divine paradox of intentional creating. You’ll love what you’ve got with all your heart today, and you will be ready for more tomorrow… and the next day.” — Danielle LaPorte
. . .
Which of these quotes is your favorite?
Tell me in the comments. I ready every single one, and I'd love to know!
Always keep a speck of hope tucked away in your heart so that in the most discouraging of times, you have something to rekindle the fire with.
P.S. Wake up with joy, hope, and purpose beating in your heart every single morning. Get my book Morning Affirmations for a season full of opportunity and hope. No matter what happened yesterday.